Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Top 10 Recipes of 2014




Honey & Sea Salt Almonds: This is an incredibly easy, incredibly tasty recipe.  The salty-sweet combination is great and it only needs 4 ingredients.  These almonds also go well in salads or on their own as a snack or appetizer.


Cocoa-Cherry Smoothie: I don't love smoothies for breakfast, but this made the perfect afternoon or post-workout snack.  My husband and I love it but my toddler especially can't get enough (as you can see from the picture).


 Grilled Garlic Flatbread: I was looking for an alternate to pita (as delicious as pita is, I wanted to change it up), and the result was this soft, flavorful bread.  I love the texture and taste!


Seafood Chowder: Stealing a tradition from my cousin Dan, we're planning to make this our annual Christmas Eve dinner.  Too bad it only happens once a year, because this version includes clams, scallops and salmon.  So good!


Black Bean Soup: For a much healthier soup, it's hard to beat this one.  Plus, we top it with many of my favorite things: Greek yogurt, avocado, cheddar cheese and cilantro.  After reviewing the list of 2014 recipes, I immediately added this one to my weekly menu since it was too good not to make again (and again and again).


Aussie Chicken: This combination is as good as it sounds: chicken, cheddar, bacon and mushrooms.  I consider this an excellent meal for a nice at-home date.


Refried Beans: I've made this recipe too many times not to include it!  It's now my go-to Mexican side dish.  It also freezes really well, so pretty much every time I make it, I regret not doubling the recipe.


Fig, Feta & Pecan Salad: Now that we have a fig tree in our yard, we ate this salad multiple times over the summer and never tired of it!  It's a wonderful combination.


Cauliflower Tots: This made a great side dish that my husband and I loved...almost as much as our toddler.  I found a recipe that seems like it held together well, and I love that you can sneak in a vegetable while still making dinner fun.

 Tiramisu: There's a reason why we saved this one for last.  It was not only our favorite dessert of 2014 but our favorite overall recipe.  I was originally too intimidated to make tiramisu (it just sounds hard), but it wasn't as bad as I imagined, and it came out so amazing that it's worth any amount of effort.  I'm just sorry that I have to wait for the next birthday to come around to make it again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment