Monday, August 4, 2014

Honey & Sea Salt Roasted Almonds



Addicting.  The first time I made these honey and salt almonds, I quartered the batch (only making one cup) since I figured we didn't need 4 cups of almonds for the two of us.  But then I ate almost the whole thing in 24 hours.  The next time I made them, I made 2 cups' worth, figuring that would be enough for a small appetizer before dinner with some friends and then we would have leftovers as snacks. I (graciously) sent my husband with the little that was left for a snack at work today so they will also be gone in 24 hours.  I should probably learn my lesson and make the whole 4 cup batch next time.

There isn't that much honey or salt but it makes such a nice, subtlety salty-sweet snack.  I served them on their own as an appetizer, we ate them as snacks, and we even had enough to top them on a salad, too.  I imagine they would be great over berries and/or yogurt in the morning, too!

Honey & Sea Salt Roasted Almonds
Taken from: Cafe Sucre Farine
  • 4 cups sliced almonds
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 4 tablespoons honey
  • ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt or kosher salt (plus more to taste)
  1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper for easy clean up. Add almonds to prepared pan.
  2. Combine coconut oil and honey in a small microwave-safe bowl. Place in microwave and cook on high power for 30 seconds. Drizzle mixture over almonds and stir gently to coat.
  3. Place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring gently to redistribute every 5 minutes.
  4. Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt to taste (if use flaky sea salt, rub it between your fingers as you add it, breaking up the large flakes as you sprinkle it).  Stir gently (I like to have the almonds in a mound so you can break it off in small clusters after it cools). Allow to cool completely on pan. 
  5. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days or in the freezer for 4-5 weeks.


0 comments:

Post a Comment