Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Cocoa-Cherry Smoothie




This is my new favorite smoothie.  I make almond milk weekly and whenever I finish with it, I always feel like I need to make a smoothie afterwards -- since I've already used the blender, I feel like I might as well get a little more use out of it before I clean it!  I personally don't like them for breakfast (I like to chew my breakfasts) but I think they make a perfect afternoon snack (and my toddler agrees).  I don't often measure all my ingredients but below is a basic recipe of what I use.

A few weeks ago, I decided to throw together some frozen cherries, baby spinach, cocoa powder, almond milk, and a little honey together.  The three of us LOVED this one and it quickly became the family favorite.  While I won't make any claims that it tastes exactly like a milkshake (nothing but a milkshake tastes like a milkshake), it's definitely thick, rich and chocolately.  And delicious.


Cocoa-Cherry Smoothie
Recipe by From Anne's Kitchen
Serves about 2

  • 1 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
  • 1 1/4 cup frozen cherries (no pits!)
  • 3-4 Tbsp. cocoa powder
  • 1 Tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
  • 2 Tbsp. flaxseed meal (optional)
  • 2-3 handfuls baby spinach
  • 1-4 Tbsp. honey
  • water or more milk


  1. In a blender, combine all the ingredients and blend completely.  Add a little more milk or water if needed to blend thoroughly.  Taste and add more cocoa powder and/or honey if needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment