Monday, August 11, 2014

Classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



This is a classic cookie combination - oatmeal and chocolate chips.  We have a couple different variations on this - one with oats, chocolate chips, cranberries, and walnuts, and the other just with chocolate chips -- but it's nice to have this variation, too.  It was especially nice to have this recipe since I was bringing them to an event and I wanted to avoid walnuts in case there was a nut allergy.

While the snickerdoodles slightly beat out this cookie in a taste test, it wasn't by much.  I doubled the recipe below (only saving 2 for myself and my husband) and brought close to 50 cookies to the event, they still did very, very well.  I'm glad we got to sample them but  I wish I kept a few more for us!

Classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Taken from: Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Makes about 24 cookies (could easily double this recipe)
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened to room temperature
  • 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 cups + 2 Tbsp. old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 3/4-1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
  1. Cream together the butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Add baking soda, powder, and salt and mix. Add flour, oatmeal and chocolate chips. Mix until combined.
  2. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment