Monday, April 30, 2012

Greek Quesadillas



















  
 I don't think I would have come up with the idea to combine Greek and Mexican to make these Greek quesadillas, but I'm so glad someone else did! It ended up being a delicious meal - full of veggies but tasted pretty incredible.  I love that you can make this meal as easy or as involved as you want.  Typically on Sundays, I make a slightly more involved dish so last night, I made the tortillas from scratch (freezing the leftovers), roasted the tomatoes and cooked the chicken. However, this would make a great weeknight meal when I already have cooked chicken and tortillas in the freezer and nixed roasting the tomatoes.

Also, the list below are more suggestions of measurements and add-ins you could include - feel free to add or omit anything below!   Depending on your taste (and time constraints), the veggies could be added raw, lightly sauteed or roasted (we like a light saute best, although the oven-roasted tomatoes were delicious!).  Finally, while there are measurements listed below, I didn't bother measuring a single thing in this recipe and it still came out so well.

PS - The tzatziki sauce below really shouldn't be optional -- we thought it was delicious with the quesadillas!

Greek Quesadillas
Taken from: Annie's Eats
Serves 4
  • Olive oil
  • Fresh spinach leaves, chopped (about 2 cups)
  • Diced red onion (about ½ cup), raw or sauteed
  • Chopped red peppers - roasted, sauteed, or raw (we liked sauteed best)
  • Sliced mushrooms, sauteed
  • Oven-dried tomatoes (I used this recipe here)
  • Sliced green or black olives
  • Cooked, shredded chicken
  • Mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1-1½ cups)
  • Crumbled feta cheese (about 2/3 cup)
  • Oregano (dried or fresh)
  • Red pepper flakes (I forgot to add this)
  • Tzatziki sauce, for serving (for the recipe, go here)

0 comments:

Post a Comment