Believe it or not, we're starting to get some summer-like weather here. As I type this, I'm sitting on our back patio, wearing shorts and short-sleeve shirt and drinking a homemade frappuccino. Pretty perfect! (Although come July or August, it will be hot here.)
These mocha frappuccinos are wonderful - cold, coffee-y, and delicious. The consistency did not mix perfectly, however, so I would suggest serving with a straw or spoon to blend a little as you drink it. Regardless, we loved the flavor and it was a perfect break on a Sunday afternoon after some gardening.
Even if you don't have spring or summer weather yet, mark this recipe for a month or two from now! I have a feeling that I'll be making these for months to come.
Taken from: Savory Sweet Life
- 1½ cups crushed ice (I just used cubed ice)
- 2-1 ounce shots of espresso OR use 3/4 cup of double strength (strong) coffee increase ice amount by ¼ cup.
- 1/2 cup your choice of milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (more or less depending on preference)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- optional toppings: whipped cream, chocolate syrup or a shot of espresso
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender for 30-45 seconds. Taste and add more ice or other ingredients as needed.
- Pour into 2-4 tall glasses. If desired, top off with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and/or a shot of espresso. Best served with a straw or spoon.