Monday, September 5, 2011

Creamy Cilantro Dressing

















We eat quite a few salads as side dishes during the week so I always try to keep homemade salad dressing on hand (the last thing I want to do while cooking a whole meal is whip up a salad dressing if I can help it!).  We like to try different salad dressing recipes but since we're not big fans of creamy dressings, it's always a oil-vinegar combination.  However, I was intrigued by a creamy cilantro dressing recipe that I found.  We love all the ingredients in it (cilantro, nonfat yogurt, garlic and olive oil) so I decided to give it a try.

It ended up being surprisingly good! I definitely had a generous hand when it came to pouring this over my salad and even dipped red bell peppers and carrots sticks in it the next day.  It was also a cinch to make as you just throw everything in the food processor.  I kept mine in a sealed glass jar (ok, a washed out almond butter jar because I'm cheap) which made it easy to store in the fridge for future uses.  We served it with a simple salad of romaine and spinach, the side dish for these delicious enchiladas verde.

Happy Labor Day!
As you can tell, I haven't decided about next weekend's meals!


















Creamy Cilantro Dressing
Taken from: Pinch of Yum
Makes 4ish servings
  • 1 bunch cilantro (about 1 cup packed)
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 3 tablespoons plain yogurt (I used nonfat)
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon lime juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
  • 3 teaspoons water (optional, I omitted)
  1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.  
  2. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.  Add the sugar if you want it a little sweeter.  You can also add water depending on how thick you want the dressing to be. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment