Thursday, March 24, 2011

Herb Crusted Fish

Since we have seafood at least once a week, I'm always on the lookout for good recipes.  Of course, I prefer to find recipes that are fast, delicious and healthy, but you can't always get the trifecta.  But this recipe hits the nail on the head.  We made this herb-crusted fish -- the original recipe called for salmon but I only had tilapia in the freezer -- and it was so good!  It only calls for 6 ingredients (5 for me because I cheated by using panko instead of making my own breadcrumbs) and it is pretty versatile because it got great reviews for salmon but we loved it with white fish. Simple but I love that each ingredient can shine (serving it with lemon is a must for me because I think it just brightens up the dish).

Served with roasted cauliflower and rosemary roasted potatoes, it was an ideal weeknight meal!


Herb Crusted Fish
Taken from: Martha Stewart
Serves 4
  • 3 slices white sandwich bread (or substitute 1/2 cup of panko and omit the olive oil)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 3/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 4 6-oz skinless salmon fillets or any kind of white fish (we used tilapia)
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • lemon wedges, for serving
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  1. If making breadcrumbs: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside. In a food processor, combine bread, parsley, and 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Pulse until coarse crumbs form.
  2. If using panko, combine panko and chopped parsley in a small bowl.
  3. Place salmon on prepared sheet; season with salt and pepper. Spread top of fillets with Dijon; top with crumb mixture, pressing gently to adhere. Roast until salmon is opaque throughout, 11 to 13 minutes (for white fish, I checked at 8 minutes). Serve with lemon wedges.

0 comments:

Post a Comment