We served it with a homemade chunky tomato sauce which just put it over the top. In the dead of winter, we don't have basil around but I can't wait for summer to use this recipe with basil.
Taken from: Handle the Heat via Cooking Light
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (or substitute breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh ravioli (or make your own! Be careful using frozen, however.)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- basil, chopped (optional; delicious when it's in season!)
-Combine 2 tablespoons water and egg in a shallow dish, mixing well. Using a fork, combine panko and cheese in a second shallow dish. Dip each ravioli in egg mixture then coat in panko mixture.
-Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan to coat. Add half of ravioli to pan in a single layer (I had to do one-third); sauté 1 minute on each side or until golden. Remove ravioli from pan using a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and ravioli. Wipe skillet with paper towels.
-Serve ravioli with broiled tomatoes, tomato sauce and basil.