Taken from: Everyday Food
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 scallions, white and green parts separated, thinly sliced (I used red onion because we didn't have scallions)
- 2 medium carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 baking potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 20 ounces frozen corn kernels OR 2 cups of fresh corn (approx. 2 ears)
- 2 cans (approx. 30 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups milk (I use skim)
-Add potato, corn, broth, and milk.
-Bring to a boil over medium-high, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until potato is easily pierced with the tip of a knife, 15 to 20 minutes.
-Stir in green part of scallion, and season with salt and pepper.